Grandma's Bear "Rupert" - unknown brand Pre-World War I bear, probably 1900-1915?
by Dick Thompson
Rupert the bear wants to find a home
This was my Grandma's bear, passed down to my mum then to me.
I do not know maker, if this could be identified by anyone that would be great!
Also, what to do with a bear like this? Im not sure I want to keep him even though he is lovely. I think he may find a happier home as he will only be in storage in our house.
Grandma was born in 1907, and I think the bear is from somewhere around that time.
I am thinking he is pre-world war I due to Grandma's D.O.B and the following features:
- I think it is Mohair fur rather than artificial silk plush
- His pads are felt i think
- He is stuffed with woodwool and crackles when squeezed (tummy, not limbs and head i don't think though)
- Long limbs, which indicates age also?
- Eyes are wooden with some over-covering for the irises, unsure what this is.
- Nose is felt and has come off a bit! :(
- Head and limb joints are swivelling with metal discs which can be felt inside.
Any advice / information please let me know!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to I.D Your Bear.
If you enjoyed
this page, please consider sharing
it with your friends: